The holiday season is quickly approaching, which also means that for many people, travel season is also approaching. Whether you’re heading home to see family, or headed off on a well deserved vacation, there’s a good chance you’ll be on a flight soon.
Since I go to school out of state, holiday season for me means countless hours stuck in airport security as I travel back and forth between the Midwest and the East Coast. With Thanksgiving approaching quickly, I thought I would write down my carry on essentials. Hopefully this helps you if you’ll be traveling soon!
- Big Purse-The one I am using is a medium Longchamp Le Pliage in the color navy. What I love about this bag is how roomy it is, and how sturdy it is, I never have to worry about it while it goes through the security scanner.
- Phone- This one is a given.
- Laptop- I always carry on my laptop with me, that way I know it is protected and won’t get damaged.
- Earphones- Helps the time pass faster.
- Makeup- Once again, I feel safer when I have my makeup with me. I would rather it be safe than it get lost or broken. To hold my makeup, I’m using a standard travel-sized liquids bag from Sephora, but any plastic bag will do.
- Gum- Not really an essential, but it does help your ears not to pop, which makes it pretty useful.
- Wallet- Definitely don’t want to leave this behind.
- ID- I use my passport for my ID at the airport, mainly because my driver’s license picture is awful and looks nothing like me. My little pink holder is from H&M.
- Book or Magazine- Long flights can get boring, so having something to help keep you occupied is always nice to have.
- Oil Blotting Paper- I don’t know about you guys, but flying just makes my skin feel disgusting and greasy. Blotting paper helps to take grease away, making the gross feeling also go away.
- Chapstick-Basically a life essential for me.
- Tissues- Never know when you’ll get the sniffles.
- Chargers- Whether it’s for your phone or laptop, layovers are a great time to charge your devices so they don’t die mid-flight.
- Snacks- How about that airline food? (Expensive and usually gross, lol) I usually keep a granola bar in my purse anyway, but I make sure I have one or two packed while I’m traveling. Ain’t nobody got time for overpriced airport snacks.
If you’re traveling soon, I hope you have a safe flight and a fun trip to wherever you’re going! xx